Drug & Alcohol Programs For Pregnant Women In California
It is difficult to watch a pregnant woman struggle with drug and alcohol addiction as it is watching two lived being destroyed. Many children do end up being born without severe disabilities, but some of these children do end up going through certain types of withdrawals. In the state of California, there are well over 130 different facilities for addiction treatment, which are set up to help pregnant women whom are addicted to drugs and or alcohol. These programs do deal in a certain level of care to help these women as it is two lives that will need the help.
Did you know this about pregnant women and addiction?
Each states in the US have facilities that specialized with pregnant women with addiction problems to drugs or alcohol. It has to be monitored differently than someone else, and the needs are different.
Women who are expecting a baby and are addicted to either drugs or alcohol require special attention. The health of the baby must be taken into consideration when going through treatment. There are many substance abuse treatments which have the equipment and personnel to ensure the safety of the unborn child and their mother.
What are the key points to consider when a pregnant woman has a chemical dependency issue?
Obviously, the use of drugs or alcohol while a woman is carrying a child is extremely detrimental to the unborn baby’s health. The symptoms can show during the pregnancy or after the child is born. Therefore, every pregnant addict should seek help. It is extremely important to get a professional opinion before making any drastic changes. Depending on what substance is being abused, a professional will determine the best course of treatment. This is especially true for detoxing off the drug or alcohol. This should be done in a medically supervised environment so that the mother’s and baby’s health can be monitored at all times.
Search California Special Addiction Services
- California Alternative Drug Rehabs
- California Christian Rehab Centers
- California Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- California Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- California Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- California Experiential Therapy
- California Holistic Programs
- California Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- California Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- California Nutritional Counseling
- California Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- California Workplace Services
California Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in California
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in California
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in California
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in California
- Marijuana Treatment centers in California
- Meth Rehabilitation Programs in California
- Morphine Treatment Facilities in California
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in California
- Oxycodone Rehab Centers in California
- OxyContin Rehabilitation Facilities in California
- Painkiller Treatment Centers in California
- Percocet Rehab Programs in California
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in California
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in California
- Vicodin Rehabilitation Centers in California
California Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of alcohol and drug programs for Pregnant Women in California. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF REHABILITATION CENTERS FOR PREGNANT WOMEN IN CALIFORNIA