Treatment Centers Using Buprenorphine In Hawaii
The drug Buprenorphine is typically used in combination with another drug called Naloxone to help addicts maintain their sobriety from opiates. The drug prevents the withdrawal symptoms from occurring, and also prevents an addict from experiencing the highs associated with taking drugs such as heroin or OxyContin, and also prevents any potential overdose. This drug is used in some different drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs throughout the islands of Hawaii, and it has helped opiate addicts stay off of their previous drugs of choice.
Did you know this about Buprenorphine Detox?
Buprenorphine is a partial μ-opioid agonist and κ-opioid antagonist with a long half-life and less abuse potential than methadone. For detoxification, buprenorphine is at least equivalent to methadone and is superior to clonidine.
Typically, this drug is taken once a day as a tablet that is placed under the tongue and then dissolved. Doctors will se the dosage so as too much is not taken at one time, and it is highly recommended that this dose does not increase during the time it is taken. The doctor may also inform the patient that they should not stop taking the drugs abruptly as they can go through withdrawals from the drug, and may require some form of wean down program or detox to help stop taking it. Throughout the state of Hawaii are some effective treatment programs to help opiate addicts, and many of these centers have detox facilities available to help an addict through the initial withdrawals if they are not using Buprenorphine as part of their treatment.
Buprenorphine Detox Facilities in Hawaii
Throughout the islands of Hawaii are many different detox programs, which do include medical detox centers. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site only list one Buprenorphine detox program in the state. This type of detox is a very specialized service, and each detox center will offer something different for their client to help them through this whole process.
How quickly can a person withdraw from Buprenorphine?
The detox process from this drug does not happen rapidly, and in fact; it can be a slow process if the person is on a large amount of the drug. When a person is tapering off the drug, the process can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to upwards of a month depending on how the patient reacts to the withdrawals.
Search Hawaii Special Services
- Hawaii Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Hawaii Christian Rehab Centers
- Hawaii Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Hawaii Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Hawaii Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Hawaii Experiential Therapy
- Hawaii Holistic Programs
- Hawaii Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Hawaii Nutritional Counseling
- Hawaii Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Hawaii Workplace Services
Hawaii Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Hawaii
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Hawaii
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Hawaii
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Hawaii
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Hawaii
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Hawaii
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Hawaii
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Hawaii
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Hawaii
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Hawaii
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Hawaii
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Hawaii
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Hawaii
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Hawaii