Treatment Centers Using Buprenorphine In Louisiana
Drug and alcohol addiction is treated in many different ways, and the drug and alcohol treatment programs located throughout the state of Louisiana are able to provide different forms of treatment to help people battling substance abuse. Opiate addicts will have an up-hill battle to overcome the withdrawals, but once they get through that initial part of the treatment, they will be able to handle the underlying issues of their addiction. In the state of Louisiana are many different detox programs and drug rehab centers that are able to treat opiate addiction effectively. Some of these programs also treat opiate addiction using the drug called Buprenorphine, which is a drug designed to stop the withdrawals from taking place, and also prevent further cravings for opiates. As with other drugs similar to this one, it will cause a physical dependency, and the user can go through withdrawals if they stop taking it right away.
Did you know this about Buprenorphine Detox?
Buprenorphine is a partial μ-opioid agonist and κ-opioid antagonist with a long half-life and less abuse potential than methadone. For detoxification, buprenorphine is at least equivalent to methadone and is superior to clonidine.
Is a person taking Buprenorphine still an addict?
Many opiate addicts will transition onto a Buprenorphine treatment program to help them remain off other opioids. Because an addiction may still be present within the person, there is still a strong tendency to return to other drugs. Drug rehabilitation is an option that will treat all aspects of the addiction, and help an addict achieve his or her life-long sobriety.
Louisiana Buprenorphine Detox Centers
Drug detox centers and medical detox facilities are located in many parts of the state, but the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site only list two Buprenorphine detox programs operating within the state of Louisiana. These services can help treat Buprenorphine dependency, but if the treatment is not available there will be other services out of state.
Typically, a doctor will wean them off of the drug and ensure they are not going to experience painful withdrawals. These methods are very effective, but users must be aware they are still supplementing one drug with another drug.
Search Louisiana Special Services
- Louisiana Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Louisiana Christian Rehab Centers
- Louisiana Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Louisiana Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Louisiana Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Louisiana Experiential Therapy
- Louisiana Holistic Programs
- Louisiana Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Louisiana Nutritional Counseling
- Louisiana Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Louisiana Workplace Services
Louisiana Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Louisiana
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Louisiana
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Louisiana
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Louisiana
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Louisiana
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Louisiana
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Louisiana
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Louisiana
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Louisiana
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Louisiana
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Louisiana
Louisiana Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and Families