Treatment Centers Using Buprenorphine In Michigan
Throughout the state of Michigan are many different private and government-funded drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs, and many of these centers are fully capable to help treat opiate addiction. Within most centers are some form of drug detox program, and other detox center and medical detox facilities are separate organizations altogether, which can treat opiate addiction and help an addict through the withdrawals. Opiate addicts can have a very hard time getting through the withdrawals as it causes severe physical reactions when the body no longer has the substance in the system. Some of these treatment centers throughout the state are able to use Buprenorphine to help treat opiate addiction, as this drug stops the withdrawals from happening and reverses the effects opiates have on the body.
Did you know this about Buprenorphine Detox?
Buprenorphine is a partial μ-opioid agonist and κ-opioid antagonist with a long half-life and less abuse potential than methadone. For detoxification, buprenorphine is at least equivalent to methadone and is superior to clonidine.
This method can work in the short term to help treat opiate addiction, but if a former addict is using it for longer periods of time their body will become physically dependent upon the drug. Doctors will set a certain dose they can take, and it is recommended that the user does not increase the dose or stop taking it abruptly as they will go through withdrawals.
Buprenorphine Detox Centers in Michigan
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do offer an extensive list of Buprenorphine detox programs operating within the state. The SAMHSA site directory lists 14 Buprenorphine detox centers throughout the different counties of the state. Detox centers can help treat both men and women of all ages and backgrounds.
Will medical detox centers help with a Buprenorphine detox?
Medical detox centers are very similar to that of Buprenorphine detox programs, but Buprenorphine detox is a specialized service for people struggling with a dependency to the drug. Most medical detox centers will treat anyone with these types of drug problems. The purpose of this type of drug detox is to help a patient slowly taper off the drug, and start onto a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.
Search Michigan Special Services
- Michigan Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Michigan Christian Rehab Centers
- Michigan Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Michigan Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Michigan Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Michigan Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Michigan Experiential Therapy
- Michigan Holistic Programs
- Michigan Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Michigan Nutritional Counseling
- Michigan Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Michigan Workplace Services
Michigan Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Michigan
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Michigan
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Michigan
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Michigan
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Michigan
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Michigan
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Michigan
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Michigan
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Michigan
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Michigan
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Michigan
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Michigan
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Michigan
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Michigan
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Michigan