Alcohol and Drug Addiction Programs for Seniors in Puerto Rico
For many senior adults struggling with addiction, finding the right kind of medically supervised help can be a difficult task to locate, as there may be some special circumstances required and treatment methods used to ensure successful rehabilitation. In Puerto Rico, there are just over a few different drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs available to help senior adults struggling with different addiction and substance abuse problems. This can include residential and outpatient programs, which can also offer detox, but medical detox may be utilized more because of occurring health problems. Drug and alcohol treatment centers for senior adults do provide some more comfort and care, as some addicts in their later years may be struggling with other health problems, which could be a direct link to their addiction. Some centers are inpatient hospital setting and partial hospital settings, which do offer more medically supervised help and treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. These drug treatment centers do offer different rehabilitation methods to help treat all cases of addiction and substance abuse.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Puerto Rico Substance Abuse Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers for Older Adults
Throughout the territory of Puerto Rico addicts and their families have access to hundreds of different drug and alcohol treatment resources. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list drug treatment centers for elderly adults operating within the territory. This does include private and subsidized programs for older adults, who need assistance with addiction or dependency problems.
Is substance abuse often overlooked among the senior population?
It can happen where substance abuse is overlooked among senior adults, as addictions can be difficult to detect and diagnose. Many of the symptoms which come about because of addiction are very similar to that of some medical conditions older adults may be struggling with. If the family feels there is a problem with addiction, it is important that they seek professional help and the proper assessment services.
Search Puerto Rico Special Addiction Services
- Puerto Rico Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Puerto Rico Christian Rehab Centers
- Puerto Rico Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Puerto Rico Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Indivuals
- Puerto Rico Experiential Therapy
- Puerto Rico Holistic Programs
- Puerto Rico Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Puerto Rico Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Puerto Rico Nutritional Counseling
- Puerto Rico Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Puerto Rico Workplace Services
Puerto Rico Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Puerto Rico
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Puerto Rico
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Puerto Rico
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Puerto Rico
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Puerto Rico
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Puerto Rico
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Puerto Rico
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Puerto Rico
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Puerto Rico
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Puerto Rico
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Puerto Rico
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Puerto Rico
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Puerto Rico
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Puerto Rico
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico Drug & Alcohol Rehabs Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of rehab centers for seniors in Puerto Rico. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN PUERTO RICO