Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In Alabama
Currently in the state of Alabama, there are just a couple of different drug and alcohol treatment facilities that are equipped to handle only addicts in the 50 years and older category. Many of these addicts are long-term users and may have some re-occurring health problems because of their addiction; this is why programs with more medical supervision are typically best. Many of these programs are normally residential treatment, but some can be found as out-patient programs.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Drug Rehabilitation for Senior Citizens in Alabama
Drug and alcohol rehabilitation resources for senior or elderly adults is available in the state of Alabama. In fact, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list 14 rehabilitation programs capable of treating older adults. Because these various addiction problems facing senior citizens require a certain level of care, each drug rehab center offering senior adult rehabilitation services will provide something different for the client.
How familiar is addiction among senior citizens?
Drug addiction among older and senior adults is very common throughout the United States, and this is why many drug and alcohol treatment centers can offer specific services to help treat the problems. Some of the more common abuse problems include alcohol addiction and prescription-drug abuse or dependency. It is important for families to understand that addiction among older and senior adults can be difficult to recognize, but rehabilitation options are available throughout the state.
Search Alabama Special Addiction Services
- Alabama Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Alabama Christian Rehab Centers
- Alabama Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Alabama Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Alabama Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Alabama Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Alabama Experiential Therapy
- Alabama Holistic Programs
- Alabama Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Alabama Nutritional Counseling
- Alabama Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Alabama Workplace Services
Alabama Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Alabama
- Cocaine Rehab Programs in Alabama
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Alabama
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Alabama
- Methamphetamine Rehab Centers in Alabama
- Morphine Treatment Centers in Alabama
- Over the Counter Treatment Centers in Alabama
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Facilities in Alabama
- OxyContin Rehabilitation Programs in Alabama
- Painkiller Treatment Centers in Alabama
- Percocet Rehab Centers in Alabama
- Prescription Drugs Rehab Centers in Alabama
- Street Drugs Treatment Services in Alabama
- Vicodin Treatment Programs in Alabama