Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In Alaska
Within the state of Alaska, there are some drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs that are geared specifically for addicts 50 years or older. These programs typically provide more medical supervision, and different treatment methods to help treat addiction. Many of these programs can be covered by state health insurance, and are normally residential in nature, but of course there are 12 step meetings available, and various forms of group and individual counseling.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Alaska Senior Adult Drug Treatment
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list there are 13 substance abuse treatment centers within the state of Alaska, which do offer services for older and senior adults. Many of these facilities are situated around the city of Anchorage, with others spread out through the southern part of the state.
What drugs are commonly abused by older adults?
Some of the more frequently abused drugs by senior adults include alcohol and prescription medications. Alcohol abuse could be something that has been going on for many years, and because when one becomes older, and may end up more isolated from the family they may start drinking heavily. Prescription-drug abuse can start out innocent enough, by simply not paying attention to what is being taken, and developing a physical dependency to the drug.
Search Alaska Special Addiction Services
- Alaska Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Alaska Christian Rehab Centers
- Alaska Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Alaska Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Alaska Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Alaska Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Alaska Experiential Therapy
- Alaska Holistic Programs
- Alaska Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Alaska Nutritional Counseling
- Alaska Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Alaska Workplace Services
Alaska Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of drug and alcohol programs for seniors in Alaska. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Alaska
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Alaska
- Crack Cocaine Rehab Facilities in Alaska
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Alaska
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Alaska
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Alaska
- Over the Counter Rehab Facilities in Alaska
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Alaska
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Alaska
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Alaska
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Alaska
- Prescription Drugs Rehab Centers in Alaska
- Street Drugs Treatment Centers in Alaska
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Alaska
LIST OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN ALASKA