Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In Arkansas
Many drug and alcohol addicts in the Untied States are people who are 50 years or older, or a senior citizen. It is not uncommon for a senior citizen to become addicted to the narcotic medications they may be taking. Where as many 50 years or older addicts have been long-term users and have never really seen life-long sobriety. In the state of Arkansas, there are just over a few different substance abuse programs that are geared directly for seniors and older adults. These programs will typically have more staff available, especially medical staff to ensure the safety of their clients.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Arkansas Drug Rehab Programs of Senior Adults
Throughout the state of Arkansas are 13 drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities and services, which do treat senior citizens, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site. The drug rehab centers shown on the SAMHSA site are located in many different cities, with quite a few situated in the central part of the state.
How does a drug rehab program for seniors operate?
These types of drug and alcohol treatment centers operate much of the same way as other programs for younger individuals. Information has shown that rehabilitation modalities used to treat younger adults are just as effective when used with senior or older adults. Whether it is an outpatient or an inpatient center, it will operate much of the same way, but of course, each drug rehab program will provide a different treatment method to assist their patients.
Search Arkansas Special Addiction Services
- Arkansas Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Arkansas Christian Rehab Centers
- Arkansas Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Arkansas Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Arkansas Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Arkansas Experiential Therapy
- Arkansas Holistic Programs
- Arkansas Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Arkansas Nutritional Counseling
- Arkansas Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Arkansas Workplace Services
Arkansas Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of drug and alcohol programs for seniors in Arkansas. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Arkansas
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Arkansas
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Arkansas
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Arkansas
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Arkansas
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Arkansas
- Over the Counter Treatment Facilities in Arkansas
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Arkansas
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Arkansas
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Arkansas
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Arkansas
- Prescription Drugs Treatment Programs in Arkansas
- Street Drugs Rehab Facilities in Arkansas
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Arkansas
LIST OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN ARKANSAS