Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In California
All throughout the state of California there are well over 50 different drug and or alcohol rehabilitation and treatment programs that are set up to specifically help treat addiction with older adults and seniors. Many of these programs are residential in nature, and are set up as long-term and short-term treatment options. They will provide various forms of addiction help, including 12 step meetings, learning based treatment, group and individual counseling, along with other forms of traditional therapy. A person can also locate detox programs and out-patient support services to also help treat addiction.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
California Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Elderly Adults
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, there are over 260 drug rehab and substance abuse treatment centers capable of treating elderly and senior adults. Some of these programs may be age specific and only offer services for adults 60 years or older, where as others could be mixed age groups. It is important for the person’s family to locate a suitable option within the state, and does find a facility that will meet all the needs of the client.
Is alcohol addiction treated among older adults?
Alcohol abuse is one of the more commonly treated problems among senior citizens and senior adults. It is very common for a person to drink most of his or her life, and never truly recognize there is a problem with it, or they have been hiding it from the family for a long time. The alcohol abuse may not have begun to come to light until they started to get older, and required more assistance from the family. Alcohol addiction is a serious problem, and does require well-rounded treatment to address all the physical and mental-health problems connected to it.
Search California Special Addiction Services
- California Alternative Drug Rehabs
- California Christian Rehab Centers
- California Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- California Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- California Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- California Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- California Experiential Therapy
- California Holistic Programs
- California Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- California Nutritional Counseling
- California Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- California Workplace Services
California Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in California
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in California
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in California
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in California
- Marijuana Treatment centers in California
- Meth Rehabilitation Programs in California
- Morphine Treatment Facilities in California
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in California
- Oxycodone Rehab Centers in California
- OxyContin Rehabilitation Facilities in California
- Painkiller Treatment Centers in California
- Percocet Rehab Programs in California
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in California
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in California
- Vicodin Rehabilitation Centers in California
California Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of drug and alcohol programs for seniors in California. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN CALIFORNIA