Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In Connecticut
In the state of Connecticut there some treatment centers for drug and or alcohol addiction that are set up to help treat older adults and seniors for substance abuse problems. It is not un-heard off for seniors to become addicted to some medication that they may have been prescribed by their doctor. This can pose a serious health risk to the individual, and can potentially even make the withdrawal process rather dangerous. Prescription medication drug abuse has been a problem in the United States for quite some time, but the right help is available throughout the state.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
How is detox managed for older adults?
Depending on the severity of the case the patient will either require a traditional detox, medical detox, or hospital inpatient care. In many cases, older and senior adults end up in the hospital because of alcohol abuse or some type physical dependency to drugs. The hospital of course, can usually admit them quite rapidly, and will assist them through any dangerous withdrawals. What happens next is very important; the family should have a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program ready to go when their loved one is released from the hospital.
Connecticut Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation for Older Adults
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site directory, there are 44 drug rehab centers for senior adults operating within the state of Connecticut. Many of the programs are situated closer to the large cities, but each treatment center will offer services for senior citizens, some of which may be age specific. All the necessary contact information and information about the treatment facility are provided on the SAMHSA site.
Search Connecticut Special Addiction Services
- Connecticut Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Connecticut Christian Rehab Centers
- Connecticut Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Connecticut Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Connecticut Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Connecticut Experiential Therapy
- Connecticut Holistic Programs
- Connecticut Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Connecticut Nutritional Counseling
- Connecticut Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Connecticut Workplace Services
Connecticut Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Connecticut
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Connecticut
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Connecticut
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Connecticut
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Connecticut
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Connecticut
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Connecticut
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Connecticut
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Connecticut
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Connecticut
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Connecticut
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Connecticut
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Connecticut
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Connecticut
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Connecticut
Connecticut Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of drug and alcohol programs for seniors in Connecticut. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN CONNECTICUT