Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In Delaware
Within the state of Delaware, there are some options available to older adults and seniors who may be struggling with some form of a substance abuse problem. This is not a high percentage of the population, but there are addicts in the later years who have been addicts for most of his or her life, or have been on again off again drug users. These addicts may have already been through different forms of treatment in the past and now require something more geared towards their situation and their age to help them beat their addiction for good, and not continually relapse.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Drug Treatment Centers for Senior Adults in Delaware
Throughout the state of Delaware are limited resources for elder or older adults struggling with addiction or drug dependency problems. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, there are only 11 centers operating in the state, which do provide services for senior citizens or offer age specific treatment programs for this demographic of people.
Will medical problems increase with senior adults addicted to drugs?
The potential of pre-existing medical conditions becoming worse is very high, and the risk of new problems developing is a good possibility. Many older adults in this situation will suffer from mental-health problems, or issues such a dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Because of how drug and alcohol abuse impacts the mind and body; these certain problems may become worse, and it is important the proper medical help is sought out, and suitable rehabilitation is found.
Search Delaware Special Addiction Services
- Delaware Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Delaware Christian Rehab Centers
- Delaware Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Delaware Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Delaware Experiential Therapy
- Delaware Holistic Programs
- Delaware Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Delaware Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Delaware Nutritional Counseling
- Delaware Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Delaware Workplace Services
Delaware Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of drug and alcohol programs for seniors in Delaware. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Delaware
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Delaware
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Delaware
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Delaware
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Delaware
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Delaware
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Delaware
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Delaware
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Delaware
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Delaware
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Delaware
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Delaware
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Delaware
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Delaware
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Delaware
LIST OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN DELAWARE