Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In District Of Columbia
Within the District Capital, there are over five different drug and alcohol rehabilitation services and centers that are equipped and set up to treat older adults and seniors battling an addiction. Some of these services are in local hospitals, which is ideal because of the medical staff available. Other centers will normally have some sort of medical staff on-site to ensure the physical and mental well-being of an addict going through treatment. These services will provide different forms of therapy and care to help an addict through their treatment process.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Drug Rehabilitation for Senior Citizens in Washington D.C.
Despite numerous drug treatment resources being available throughout the District of Columbia, the SAMHSA web directory only lists nine drug treatment facilities for older and senior adults. Some of the centers may be age specific, but most may be mixed age groups, but will deliver tailored programs for senior adults. Because drug and alcohol addiction is a serious problem for anyone, a family should always take the time to locate the most suitable option for their loved one.
How are pre-existing medical problems handled with older adults struggling with addiction?
This is really all depending on the condition, how serious it is, and how much medical supervision is required. In most cases, it is best to coordinate with the family doctor, as they may have resources available, which they can recommend for their situation. Depending upon the resources offered at the drug rehabilitation center, they may be equipped to treat the most severe cases, or may simply only be capable of treating moderate cases. Hospital inpatient programs are normally a better option for more serious cases, and patients with numerous medical issues, but each center will handle pre-existing medical problems differently.
Search District of Columbia Special Addiction Services
- D.C. Alternative Drug Rehabs
- D.C. Christian Rehab Centers
- D.C. Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- D.C. Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- D.C. Experiential Therapy
- D.C. Holistic Programs
- D.C. Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- D.C. Nutritional Counseling
- D.C. Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- D.C. Workplace Services
- DC Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
District of Columbia Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in D.C.
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in D.C.
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in D.C.
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in D.C.
- Marijuana Treatment centers in D.C.
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in D.C.
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in D.C.
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in D.C.
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in D.C.
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in D.C.
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in D.C.
- Percocet Treatment Centers in D.C.
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in D.C.
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in D.C.
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in D.C.
District of Columbia Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and Families
- District of Columbia Drug Rehab Centers for Seniors
- District of Columbia Drug Rehab Centers for Youth
- District of Columbia Family Programs
- District of Columbia Drug & Alcohol Programs for Pregnant Women
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Women in Washington D.C
- Drug & Alcohol Treatment for Men in District of Columbia