Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In Florida
Within the state of Delaware, there are some options available to older adults and seniors who may be struggling with some form of a substance abuse problem. This is not a high percentage of the population, but there are addicts in the later years who have been addicts for most of his or her life, or have been on again off again drug users. These addicts may have already been through different forms of treatment in the past and now require something more geared towards their situation and their age to help them beat their addiction for good, and not continually relapse.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
How easily is an addiction to prescription drugs likely to take place?
Just like with anyone else, if a patient is not taking their prescription as directed, especially if they are narcotic medications; there is a strong likelihood that a physical dependency to the drug will take hold. Prescription-drug abuse does happen quite often among older and senior adults, and in most cases it simply ends up being a dependency to the drug, which requires a medical detox to assist them with getting off the drug.
Substance Abuse Drug Treatment for Older Adults within Florida
It is no surprise to anyone that the state of Florida’s population does largely consist of senior adults and retiree’s. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list there are 105 drug treatment centers, and different services to help elderly and older adults who are struggling with addiction or drug dependency problems.
Search Florida Special Services
- Florida Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Florida Christian Rehab Centers
- Florida Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Florida Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Florida Experiential Therapy
- Florida Holistic Programs
- Florida Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Florida Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Florida Nutritional Counseling
- Florida Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Florida Workplace Services
Florida Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of drug and alcohol programs for seniors in Florida. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Florida
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Florida
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Florida
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Florida
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Florida
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Florida
- Morphine Treatment Facilities in Florida
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Florida
- Oxycodone Rehab Centers in Florida
- OxyContin Rehabilitation Facilities in Florida
- Painkiller Treatment Centers in Florida
- Percocet Rehab Programs in Florida
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Florida
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Florida
- Vicodin Rehabilitation Centers in Florida
LIST OF DRUG & ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN FLORIDA