Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers For Seniors In Georgia
Currently in the state of Georgia, there are just over five different drug and alcohol treatment programs and different facilities that have programs, and staff equipped to help treat addiction in seniors and older individuals. Many addicts in their later years have most likely been through other forms of treatment, or may have just stuck with the bare minimum when it came to helping. In many cases, they may not have sought out the final solution, they needed to treat their addiction and move forward with his or her life. The right help is available to them, and the right resources can be found.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Are co-occurring substance abuse and mental disorders treated?
Yes, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers throughout the United States do treat persons with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders regularly. This is no different for older and senior adults, as the same problems can occur among this demographic, just as easily as it does with other demographics of people.
Georgia Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Older Adults
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, the vast majority of drug rehabilitation centers for elderly and senior adults are situated within the Atlanta area. The SAMHSA site does list 53 substance abuse treatment programs for senior citizens operating throughout the state of Georgia. There are numerous different treatment methods offered within this list of services, some are age specific programs, and there will be either outpatient or inpatient services available.
Search Georgia Special Services
- Georgia Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Georgia Christian Rehab Centers
- Georgia Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Georgia Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Georgia Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Georgia Experiential Therapy
- Georgia Holistic Programs
- Georgia Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Georgia Nutritional Counseling
- Georgia Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Georgia Workplace Services
Georgia Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of drug and alcohol programs for seniors in Georgia. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Georgia
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Georgia
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Georgia
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Georgia
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Georgia
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Georgia
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Georgia
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Georgia
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Georgia
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Georgia
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Georgia
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Georgia
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Georgia
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Georgia
LIST OF DRUG & ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN GEORGIA