treatments For Seniors With Drug And Alcohol Problems In Hawaii
Within the state of Hawaii an addict who is in their later years or even a senior who may be addicted to drugs and or alcohol can find some help more geared towards their age and situation. The baby boomers still make up a good percentage of the population, and like any other generation of people, many are struggling with an addiction. Some of these addictions have been life long, and the right help has never really been found. Putting an end to an addiction does take a lot of work, but it can be done, and the person can move forward with his or her life.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Substance Abuse Treatment for Senior Citizens in Hawaii
The drug and alcohol treatment resources for older and senior adults are located throughout the state of Hawaii according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site. Provided on the SAMHSA web directory is a list of 15 programs, all of which do treat senior citizens that are struggling with drug dependency problems, or substance abuse issues. This may not be an extensive list, but thousands of resources are situated all throughout the United States.
Is it hard to recognize or diagnose an addiction among older adults?
Yes, it can be difficult to recognize there is an alcohol or drug abuse problem, and one of the main reasons why is because many older or senior adults live in isolation. There are numerous circumstances where a person 60 years or older may not have much family, and may be living on their own, with no real contact with anyone regularly. It may be years before the family does recognize there could be a potential issue with drugs or alcohol. It is important to be aware that such problems do exist, but there are excellent options to treat these issues.
Search Hawaii Special Services
- Hawaii Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Hawaii Christian Rehab Centers
- Hawaii Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Hawaii Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Hawaii Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Hawaii Experiential Therapy
- Hawaii Holistic Programs
- Hawaii Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Hawaii Nutritional Counseling
- Hawaii Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Hawaii Workplace Services
Hawaii Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of Rehab Centers for Seniors in Hawaii. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Hawaii
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Hawaii
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Hawaii
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Hawaii
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Hawaii
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Hawaii
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Hawaii
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Hawaii
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Hawaii
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Hawaii
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Hawaii
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Hawaii
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Hawaii
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Hawaii
LIST OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN HAWAII