Treatments For Seniors With Drug And Alcohol Problems In Idaho
In the state of Idaho an addict in their 50 to 60’s can find some help for a drug and or alcohol addiction. Many of these treatment centers are residential and provide both long and short term care. 12 step meetings can be found along with group and individual counseling, and more traditional forms of therapy. Many programs are listed as low-cost or no-cost treatment, and can also be covered by state health insurance. There are also privately funded programs available, which will come at an out-of-pocket cost.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
How does addiction affect the overall health?
It is no secret that drug and alcohol addiction impacts a person’s health in some very dangerous ways. There is the contraction of infections and diseases, heart problems, liver problems,, HIV/AIDS, and mental health disorders. Unfortunately, among older and senior adults, these issues can end up being quite severe or even deadly. This is because of their age, and the fact their body and overall health may not be strong enough to combat these problems.
Idaho Senior Adult Drug Treatment
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list there are 31 drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs operating within the state of Idaho for senior or older adults. Situated throughout the state, the various treatment options include detox, outpatient, and inpatient services. Some centers will provide long-term care, whereas others will offer short-term programs, while a few facilities may be age specific centers.
Search Idaho Special Services
- Idaho Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Idaho Christian Rehab Centers
- Idaho Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Idaho Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Idaho Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Idaho Experiential Therapy
- Idaho Holistic Programs
- Idaho Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Idaho Nutritional Counseling
- Idaho Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Idaho Workplace Services
Idaho Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of Rehab Centers for Seniors in Idaho. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Idaho
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Idaho
- Crack Treatment Centers in Idaho
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Idaho
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Idaho
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Idaho
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Idaho
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Idaho
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Idaho
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Idaho
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Idaho
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Idaho
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Idaho
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Idaho
LIST OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN IDAHO