Treatments For Seniors With Drug And Alcohol Problems In Illinois
Throughout the state of Illinois, there are just over ten different drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs and various services for older adults and seniors. These programs are typically worked to help people in this age category, because in some cases some special care must be taken with different health problems that may exist. An addiction will tend to compound the already existing problems, and can jeopardize a person’s life even further; finding the right help is important.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Substance Abuse Drug Treatment for Elderly Adults within Illinois
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, there are 101 various substance abuse rehabilitation programs within the state of Illinois that do treat older and senior adults. The vast majority of these centers are located within the Chicago area and surrounding region, but facilities are situated all throughout the state. The various centers will all provide similar and unique treatment methods for addiction and drug dependency, but there are solutions for either a moderate or severe problem.
How would an addiction start among senior adults?
In many cases, it can start innocently; the individual may be prescribed certain drugs for some type of medical condition. There are cases where senior adults are not aware of the dosages they are taking, and with some narcotic drugs, they may develop a dependency to them, or simply become addicted to them. Alcohol addiction can happen quite easily; a person is retired, and living alone; they may begin drinking more frequently. Granted this does not occur in every situation, but it is an example of how easy it can be to become addicted.
Search Illinois Special Services
- Illinois Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Illinois Christian Rehab Centers
- Illinois Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Illinois Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Illinois Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Illinois Experiential Therapy
- Illinois Holistic Programs
- Illinois Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Illinois Nutritional Counseling
- Illinois Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Illinois Workplace Services
Illinois Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of Rehab Centers for Seniors in Illinois. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Illinois
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Illinois
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Illinois
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Illinois
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Illinois
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Illinois
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Illinois
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Illinois
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Illinois
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Illinois
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Illinois
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Illinois
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Illinois
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Illinois
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Illinois
LIST OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN ILLINOIS