Treatments For Seniors With Drug And Alcohol Problems In Iowa
Outpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs are typically best suited for addicts who are 50-plus years of age and also seniors, unless further medical attention is required because of the addiction. In the state of Iowa, there are some substance abuse treatment options available to people in this age category that are looking for something specific like this. These treatment options are typically covered by insurance, and can come at low-cost or no-cost options.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Will a mixed age rehabilitation program be as effective?
Combined age groups within drug and alcohol treatment centers can sometimes be strenuous for older and senior adults. Many of the patients within these programs may be younger adults in their twenties or thirties, and this can be difficult for a person in their sixties to adapt to. Age specific drug treatment centers for senior adults are usually a better option, and may provide more resources to help treat their exact needs.
Iowa Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Older Adults
Unfortunately, within the state of Iowa, there are few drug and alcohol treatment resources for older and senior adults. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration directory only list 13 substance abuse rehabilitation programs for older and senior adults. The various drug rehab centers are situated all throughout the state, and addicts and their families can locate suitable options for their addiction and/or drug dependency problems.
Search Iowa Special Services
- Iowa Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Iowa Christian Rehab Centers
- Iowa Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Iowa Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Iowa Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Iowa Experiential Therapy
- Iowa Holistic Programs
- Iowa Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Iowa Nutritional Counseling
- Iowa Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Iowa Workplace Services
Iowa Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of Rehab Centers for Seniors in Iowa. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Iowa
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Iowa
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Iowa
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Iowa
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Iowa
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Iowa
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Iowa
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Iowa
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Iowa
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Iowa
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Iowa
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Iowa
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Iowa
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Iowa
LIST OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN IOWA