Treatments For Seniors With Drug And Alcohol Problems In Kentucky
With just over a few different drug and alcohol treatment options for older adults and seniors, there is some help available in the state of Kentucky. Many programs offer 12 step meetings along with different forms of counseling services that will help addicts overcome an addiction. Some of these programs are residential in nature and can provide the right kind of care and help for an addict in this age category. Other programs are out-patient and may be best suited for someone who is still functioning, but battling some form of drug abuse.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers for Elderly Adults in Kentucky
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list 64 drug and alcohol treatment programs for seniors operating within the state of Kentucky. Drug treatment is typically a specialized approach for elderly adults, and many of the centers may be age specific, which means the patients are normally 60 years old or older. Drug rehabilitation within the state for seniors includes detox, outpatient, and inpatient facilities.
How is relapse prevention provided for older adults?
Much similar to how other drug treatment programs operate; facilities for elderly adults will provide follow-up and aftercare treatment for their patients. This does also include the extensive treatment process, which incorporates methods to help former addicts prevent relapse. It does take some work when an individual leaves treatment, but if the proper steps are taken, a former addict can prevent any relapse from taking place.
Search Kentucky Special Services
- Kentucky Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Kentucky Christian Rehab Centers
- Kentucky Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Kentucky Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Kentucky Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Kentucky Experiential Therapy
- Kentucky Holistic Programs
- Kentucky Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Kentucky Nutritional Counseling
- Kentucky Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Kentucky Workplace Services
Kentucky Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of Rehab Centers for Seniors in Kentucky. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Kentucky
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Kentucky
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Kentucky
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Kentucky
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Kentucky
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Kentucky
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Kentucky
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Kentucky
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Kentucky
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Kentucky
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Kentucky
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Kentucky
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Kentucky
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Kentucky
LIST OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN KENTUCKY