Treatments For Seniors With Drug And Alcohol Problems In Louisiana
In the state of Louisiana, there are some specific treatment options available to older addicts and seniors whom may be addicted to drugs or require help to handle a new drug problem. Many addicts in their later years are not always long-term users, meaning they were using consistently when they were younger. It is sometimes just recently that they have picked up an addiction for any number of reasons, but at the end of everything the right help is still needed. These programs can be quite effective and can help in putting a person’s life back together and getting them on the right track again.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Louisiana Substance Abuse Treatment Centers for Senior Adults
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, there are only 14 drug rehabilitation facilities operating within the state of Louisiana that do provide assistance to elderly adults. This will either be mixed age programs, or age specific treatment within outpatient or inpatient facilities. Most addicts will have to attend detox prior to treatment, but detox programs in the state are equipped to treat senior citizens.
What are some reasons why elderly people would abuse drugs?
Some of the reasons why elderly people may end up abusing drugs would include retirement, which would be in a situation out of convenience, because they have not found anything to do. Other circumstances include the death of a family member, spouse or close friend, loss of income, or on-going financial strain. Some circumstances may include a decline in mental or physical health, a possible relocation into a nursing home or a retirement village. Everybody copes with issues in life differently, and drug addiction is an easy and dangerous solution to avoid facing these problems.
Search Louisiana Special Services
- Louisiana Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Louisiana Christian Rehab Centers
- Louisiana Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Louisiana Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Louisiana Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Louisiana Experiential Therapy
- Louisiana Holistic Programs
- Louisiana Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Louisiana Nutritional Counseling
- Louisiana Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Louisiana Workplace Services
Louisiana Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Louisiana
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Louisiana
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Louisiana
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Louisiana
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Louisiana
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Louisiana
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Louisiana
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Louisiana
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Louisiana
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Louisiana
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Louisiana
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Louisiana
Louisiana Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of Rehab Centers for Seniors in Louisiana. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN LOUISIANA