Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers for Seniors in Maine
Within the state of Maine, there are some drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers that are equipped and set up to help addicts who are in their late 50’s to later senior years. It is not uncommon for individuals in these age groups to be addicted to drugs for sometime, or have just recently become addicted to drugs. In some cases, a medical detox may be required to help the person get over their initial withdrawals, and from there they can check themselves into a treatment program that will be suited to their individual needs and help them beat the rest of their addiction.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Drug Rehabilitation Programs in Maine for Older and Senior Adults
Throughout the state of Maine, hundreds of different drug and alcohol rehabilitation resources are listed on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website. According to SAMHSA there are 38 of these various treatment resources, which offer distinct help to elderly adults struggling with addiction or drug dependency problems. Provided throughout many parts of the state, there are treatment solutions to help any degree of addiction among older adults.
What are the signs that indicate drinking or drug problems?
Some of the signs that may indicate there is an alcohol or drug problem does include memory loss, drastic changes in sleeping habits, mood swings, sadness and depression. Most families will notice changes in their eating habits, wanting to always be alone, personal hygiene on the decline, and a lack of interest in usual activities. Overall addiction is difficult to spot among elderly adults, because of other medical problems that may exhibit similar symptoms.
Search Maine Special Services
- Maine Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Maine Christian Rehab Centers
- Maine Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Maine Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Maine Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Maine Experiential Therapy
- Maine Family Programs
- Maine Holistic Programs
- Maine Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Maine Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Maine Nutritional Counseling
- Maine Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Maine Workplace Services
Maine Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of rehab centers for seniors in Maine. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Maine
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Maine
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Maine
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Maine
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Maine
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Maine
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Maine
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Maine
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Maine
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Maine
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Maine
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Maine
LIST OF REHABILITATION CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN MAINE