Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers For Seniors In Maryland
Throughout the state of Maryland, there are just over 10 different drug and alcohol treatment programs that are able to specifically help older adults and seniors who are battling a substance abuse problem. Many of these programs offer 12 step treatment methodologies, including residential and out-patient services. Group and individual counseling services are also available, along with more traditional forms of therapy that may be used to treat addiction. Addicts in this age group can get the right help needed to beat their addiction.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
What percentage of older adults struggle with addiction problems?
There are many different statistics available on the Internet that indicates the percentage of senior adults who battle addiction problems. On average around 15 to 20 percent of the population in the USA who is 60 to 65 years or older will struggle with addiction or some type of drug dependency in their later years. There are of course further statistics that show the percentage of elderly adults who require treatment because or prescription-drug abuse and alcohol abuse.
Maryland Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Elderly Adults
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, there are 77 distinctive drug treatment centers for elderly adults operating within the state of Maryland. Addicts and their families will have access to numerous resources throughout the state, which does include detox programs, medical detox, outpatient centers, and inpatient drug rehab programs. Within this mix of treatment resources, there will be support groups and meetings, and hospital inpatient centers for severe cases of addiction with seniors.
Search Maryland Special Services
- Maryland Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Maryland Christian Rehab Centers
- Maryland Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Maryland Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Maryland Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Maryland Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Maryland Experiential Therapy
- Maryland Holistic Programs
- Maryland Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Maryland Nutritional Counseling
- Maryland Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Maryland Workplace Services
Maryland Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of rehab centers for seniors in Maryland. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Maryland
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Maryland
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Maryland
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Maryland
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Maryland
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Maryland
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Maryland
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Maryland
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Maryland
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Maryland
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Maryland
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Maryland
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Maryland
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Maryland
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Maryland
LIST OF REHABILITATION CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN MARYLAND