Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers For Seniors In Massachusetts
Currently in the state of Massachusetts, an addict who is considered an older adult or a senior has access to just over 5 different drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs that are specifically set up for their needs. Many of these addicts have been using for long periods of time, or have just become addicted to drugs. For example, an elderly person may start taking more prescription medication than what the doctor had prescribed, and has now found themselves addicted to the drug.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
How often are prescription drugs misused by the elderly?
It does occur quite often where prescription drugs are abused by elderly people, and in so many situations, the addiction or dependency that takes place is not intentional. Prescribed drugs, if not taken as directed can present a danger to the person taking them. Many of the medical detox centers and hospital inpatient programs throughout the state and the rest of the United States do see numerous patients, who are elderly and dependent on these drugs.
Massachusetts Substance Abuse Treatment for Senior Adults
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do provide a list of 73 drug rehab programs for elderly adults, operating within the state of Massachusetts. Drug rehab centers for older individuals are not always age specific programs, but some are, and this may be a better option for the addict. It can be a very difficult process to go through an addiction when a person is 60 years old or older, and suitable drug treatment will be required to help them through the process.
Search Massachusetts Special Services
- Massachusetts Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Massachusetts Christian Rehab Centers
- Massachusetts Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Massachusetts Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Massachusetts Experiential Therapy
- Massachusetts Holistic Programs
- Massachusetts Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Massachusetts Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Massachusetts Nutritional Counseling
- Massachusetts Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Massachusetts Workplace Services
Massachusetts Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Massachusetts
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Massachusetts
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Massachusetts
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Massachusetts
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Massachusetts
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Massachusetts
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Massachusetts
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Massachusetts
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Massachusetts
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Massachusetts
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Massachusetts
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Massachusetts
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Massachusetts
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Massachusetts
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Massachusetts
Massachusetts Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of rehab centers for seniors in Massachusetts. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF REHABILITATION CENTERS FOR SENIORS IN MASSACHUSETTS