Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers For Seniors In Missouri
With so many different drug and or alcohol treatment options to choose from it can be hard for an addict who is an older adult and or senior to find a program that is more suited to their needs and age group. Most treatment centers and patients that attend them are typically in the 20’s and 30’s, where as some addicts in their older years have been using for that length of time. In the state of Missouri, there are some treatment centers that are set up to help addicts in this age category.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Missouri Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs for Senior Adults
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, there are 25 substance abuse treatment centers for elderly adults operating throughout the state of Missouri. The SAMHSA site indicates the facilities are situated throughout the state, and all the necessary contact information is provided. Drug abuse and dependency among older adults do happen quite often, but through effective treatment, these on-going problems can be handled properly.
What are some contributing factors for senior citizen drug abuse?
There can be so many different contributing factors to an elderly adult's reason for becoming addicted, but quite frankly, many of them occur quite innocently. More common than not, it starts with prescription drugs, and the patient not necessarily paying attention to their dosage, and too much of it being taken over time. This type of situation can lead to a physical dependency to a prescription drug, and it can be quite difficult to get off the substance.
Search Missouri Special Services
- Missouri Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Missouri Christian Rehab Centers
- Missouri Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Missouri Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Missouri Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Missouri Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Missouri Experiential Therapy
- Missouri Holistic Programs
- Missouri Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Missouri Nutritional Counseling
- Missouri Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Missouri Workplace Services
Missouri Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Missouri
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Missouri
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Missouri
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Missouri
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Missouri
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Missouri
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Missouri
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Missouri
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Missouri
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Missouri
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Missouri
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Missouri
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Missouri
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Missouri
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Missouri