Alcohol And Drug Abuse Center Treatments For Seniors In New Jersey
All throughout the state of New Jersey there are well over 12 different drug and or alcohol rehabilitation programs that are specifically set up to help treat older adults and seniors who are battling different stages of addiction. In most cases, a residential treatment center is normally the best option for addiction treatment as there is a longer period of time and in-house services that are able to help treat an addict. If residential cannot work, then an outpatient program will have to be the best option, and can still work and help treat addiction.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Is retirement a clear cause of addiction among elderly?
Retirement is not always a direct cause for a senior adult to turn to drugs or alcohol, yet there are cases where this is one of the main reasons why. Retirement can be a difficult transition for a person, especially if they do not want to retire, or have not planned for it financially. Financial worry and stress do cause many elderly people to turn to alcohol or other substances to cope with their problems. Despite retirement being documented as potential reasons why, there are numerous others, which contribute to an older adult abusing drugs or alcohol.
New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Elderly Adults
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list there are 80 drug rehab centers and various services for older adults struggling with addiction. These centers within the state of New Jersey will also assist with persons struggling with drug dependency problems, and other substance abuse issues. Whether the addiction is a moderate or severe problem, there is a suitable option for each.
Search New Jersey Special Services
- New Jersey Alternative Drug Rehabs
- New Jersey Christian Rehab Centers
- New Jersey Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- New Jersey Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- New Jersey Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- New Jersey Experiential Therapy
- New Jersey Holistic Programs
- New Jersey Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- New Jersey Nutritional Counseling
- New Jersey Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- New Jersey Workplace Services
New Jersey Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in New Jersey
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in New Jersey
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in New Jersey
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in New Jersey
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in New Jersey
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in New Jersey
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in New Jersey
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in New Jersey
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in New Jersey
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in New Jersey
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in New Jersey
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in New Jersey
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in New Jersey
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in New Jersey
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in New Jersey
New Jersey Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of programs for seniors in New Jersey. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN NEW JERSEY