Alcohol And Drug Abuse Center Treatments For Seniors In New York
All throughout the state of New York there are well over 40 different rehabilitation centers for drug and or alcohol addiction that can custom a program to specifically help older adults and seniors. If a senior adult is struggling with an addiction, they may require some extra medical care and supervision, especially if, for example, they are requiring a medical detox or may be a heavy alcoholic. Many long term alcoholics who are now drinking every day just to function will require a medical detox to help them to safely get over the withdrawals. Alcohol withdrawal in the more severe drinking cases can be quite dangerous for the person.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Centers for Older Adults in New York
Throughout the state of New York are numerous drug and alcohol rehabilitation resources for elderly adults. This does include detox, outpatient programs, and inpatient services for the treatment of all types of addiction. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list 173 services operating within the state, which do provide assistance to older adults struggling with addiction.
Are there private treatment programs for senior adults?
The private drug and alcohol treatment sector is a billion-dollar industry throughout the United States. There are thousands of private programs available for elderly adults battling drug and alcohol addiction or drug dependency problems. Private programs typically offer more resources, and provide a better environment for older addicts, which will allow them to be more comfortable during treatment.
Search New York Special Services
- New York Alternative Drug Rehabs
- New York Christian Rehab Centers
- New York Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- New York Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- New York Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- New York Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- New York Experiential Therapy
- New York Holistic Programs
- New York Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- New York Nutritional Counseling
- New York Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- New York Workplace Services
New York Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of programs for seniors in New York. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in New York
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in New York
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in New York
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in New York
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in New York
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in New York
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in New York
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in New York
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in New York
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in New York
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in New York
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in New York
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in New York
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in New York
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in New York
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN NEW YORK