Alcohol And Drug Abuse Center Treatments For Seniors In North Carolina
Currently in the state of North Carolina, there are just over 5 various types of drug and alcohol treatment available for older adults and seniors who are struggling with an addiction. Some adults in their later years have been addicts for a good percentage of his or her life.
Throughout his or her life, they most likely have seen some periods where they were not using and did not have the addiction involved in any part of their lives. As with most addictions, if not fully handled, it will keep coming back. When attending a proper treatment center, the right measures can be taken to ensure the addiction is handled completely, and the person is able to move on in their lives.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
North Carolina Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs for Senior Adults
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration directory website do provide a category for older and senior adult drug treatment resources. The site does list there are 75 facilities within the state of North Carolina that do provide treatment to elderly adults. Drug and alcohol rehabilitation resources in the state offer many treatment modalities to help combat addiction among older adults.
Can drug or alcohol addiction mimic signs of other medical or mental health disorders?
Drug addiction and substance abuse problems can mimic signs of other medical or mental-health problems. And this is why it is so difficult to recognize and diagnose within older adults, who may be battling drug abuse problems. If the family is feeling there is an addiction, they should seek out the suitable resources and personnel to help diagnose the problem.
Search North Carolina Special Services
- North Carolina Alternative Drug Rehabs
- North Carolina Christian Rehab Centers
- North Carolina Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- North Carolina Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- North Carolina Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- North Carolina Experiential Therapy
- North Carolina Holistic Programs
- North Carolina Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- North Carolina Nutritional Counseling
- North Carolina Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- North Carolina Workplace Services
North Carolina Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in North Carolina
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in North Carolina
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in North Carolina
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in North Carolina
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in North Carolina
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in North Carolina
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in North Carolina
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in North Carolina
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in North Carolina
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in North Carolina
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in North Carolina
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in North Carolina
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in North Carolina
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in North Carolina
North Carolina Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of programs for seniors in North Carolina. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN NORTH CAROLINA