Alcohol And Drug Abuse Center Treatments For Seniors In Ohio
All throughout the state of Ohio there are well over five different locations where a treatment center for addiction offers specific programs for older adults and seniors. It is unfortunate when it happens, but a senior adult can become addicted to a medication they may be taking. For example, if a person is prescribed a pain medication and the proper instructions of use are not followed; the body can develop a physical dependency to it, which will later lead to a mental dependency. This is where an addiction can take hold and potentially cause more health problems, on top of what already may be there.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
How do caregivers and family members receive adequate training to help older adults struggling with Addiction?
It is not uncommon for caregivers to have training to deal with patients who have drug and alcohol addictions. Family members can attend family support groups, and even twelve-step meetings, which are set up to help family members, specifically. It is important for family and friends to get an understanding about addiction, and reaches out to professionals in the field who can help assist with their situation.
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation for Elderly Adults in Ohio
Throughout the state of Ohio are drug and alcohol rehabilitation resources to help treat all types of addiction, and this do include elderly adults struggling with addiction. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list 30 facilities operating within the state of Ohio, which do provide assistance for elderly adults.
Search Ohio Special Services
- Ohio Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Ohio Christian Rehab Centers
- Ohio Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Ohio Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Ohio Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Ohio Experiential Therapy
- Ohio Holistic Programs
- Ohio Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Ohio Nutritional Counseling
- Ohio Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Ohio Workplace Services
Ohio Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of programs for seniors in Ohio. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Ohio
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Ohio
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Ohio
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Ohio
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Ohio
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Ohio
- Morphine Rehabilitation Facilities in Ohio
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Ohio
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Ohio
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Ohio
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Ohio
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Ohio
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Ohio
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Ohio
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Ohio
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN OHIO