Alcohol And Drug Abuse Center Treatments For Seniors In Oklahoma
In the state of Oklahoma, there are over five locations across the state where older adults and seniors can seek specialized drug and or alcohol addiction treatment. Many addicts in this age group are very used to attend 12 step meetings, and granted it may have worked for them at one point, but if relapse is still occurring, something more may be needed to fully treat the addiction. Many programs today are incorporating different forms of addiction therapy to help treat addiction. These therapies have proven successful as it is able to cover a broader range of people and their unique circumstances.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Is there a growing problem of illicit substance abuse among older adults?
There are different information and statistics provided on the Internet that show there is an increase of illicit substance abuse among elderly adults. Some reasons for this include the use of prescription drugs, and in some cases the overuse of these drugs, or some narcotics not taken as directed. In other circumstances, alcohol plays a role in this, and for many older adult's alcohol abuse occurs quite frequently, but there are numerous treatment options available for elderly adults.
Oklahoma Substance Abuse Rehab Centers for Older Adults
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do list resources for elderly adults seeking drug and alcohol treatment and detox. Provided within the directory on the SAMHSA site are 28 programs and/or services within the state of Oklahoma. The many different facilities listed on the site include outpatient and inpatient centers, along with detox facilities to help severe cases of withdrawal.
Search Oklahoma Special Services
- Oklahoma Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Oklahoma Christian Rehab Centers
- Oklahoma Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Oklahoma Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Oklahoma Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Oklahoma Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Oklahoma Experiential Therapy
- Oklahoma Holistic Programs
- Oklahoma Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Oklahoma Nutritional Counseling
- Oklahoma Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Oklahoma Workplace Services
Oklahoma Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of programs for seniors in Oklahoma. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Oklahoma
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Oklahoma
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Oklahoma
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Oklahoma
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Oklahoma
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Oklahoma
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Oklahoma
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Oklahoma
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Oklahoma
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Oklahoma
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Oklahoma
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Oklahoma
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Oklahoma
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Oklahoma
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN OKLAHOMA