Alcohol And Drug Abuse Center Treatments For Seniors In Oregon
When a person thinks of addiction, they do not always place seniors in that category, but many seniors throughout the United States have at one point or are still struggling with a substance abuse problem. Many of the substance abuse problems occur with prescription medication, which were prescribed and not normally followed per the doctor's instructions. In the state of Oregon, there are over five different rehabilitation facilities that provide specific care for older adults and senior battling an addiction.
Are nursing homes equipped to handle elderly adults with substance abuse problems?
Every nursing home is completely different from the next, but it is not uncommon for staff to be trained and qualified to help elderly adults who are struggling with addiction. Drug and alcohol abuse or a drug dependency can occur quite easily, and especially when an older adult is somewhat isolated from family or is struggling with underlying issues that know one is aware of.
Addiction Treatment Facilities for Senior Adults in Oregon
When elderly adults are searching for drug and alcohol treatment options for their addiction or drug dependency, there are some centers in the state of Oregon that can assist. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, there are 29 drug rehab programs available for aging adults living within the state of Oregon.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Search Oregon Special Services
- Oregon Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Oregon Christian Rehab Centers
- Oregon Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Oregon Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Oregon Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Oregon Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Oregon Experiential Therapy
- Oregon Holistic Programs
- Oregon Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Oregon Nutritional Counseling
- Oregon Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Oregon Workplace Services
Oregon Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of programs for seniors in Oregon. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Oregon
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Oregon
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Oregon
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Oregon
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Oregon
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Oregon
- Morphine Rehabilitation Facilities in Oregon
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Oregon
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Oregon
- OyxContin Rehab Centers in Oregon
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Oregon
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Oregon
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Oregon
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Oregon
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Oregon
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN OREGON