Alcohol And Drug Addiction Programs For Seniors In Pennsylvania
All throughout the state of Pennsylvania are different forms of drug and alcohol rehabilitation services and different centers. There are over ten different centers and various services, which cater specifically to older adults and seniors who are struggling with an addiction. Older addicts tend to have been through treatment before, and have been on this road for quite some time. However, it is not unusual for older adults to have just recently picked up a substance abuse problem, and this can occur for any number of reasons. The most important thing to look at is getting the right kind of help, and getting it as soon as possible.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Is opiate drug abuse a problem among older adults?
Opiate drug abuse can be a problem among elderly adults, and typically this is caused by prescription drugs. There are many situations where older adults are prescribed opiates for a variety of different reasons, and if the drugs are not taken as directed or taken for extended periods of time, the patient may become dependent on them. Opiate withdrawals among elderly adults can be very difficult to overcome, and may require some type of medical detox.
Pennsylvania Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Elderly Adults
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site, elderly adults struggling with addiction have access to a directory of 90 drug treatment centers operating within the state of Pennsylvania. The various centers in Pennsylvania are situated all throughout the state and in the major cities and many surrounding counties.
Search Pennsylvania Special Services
- Pennsylvania Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Pennsylvania Christian Rehab Centers
- Pennsylvania Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Pennsylvania Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Pennsylvania Experiential Therapy
- Pennsylvania Holistic Programs
- Pennsylvania Jewish Faith-Based Drug Rehabs
- Pennsylvania Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Pennsylvania Nutritional Counseling
- Pennsylvania Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Pennsylvania Workplace Services
Pennsylvania Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Pennsylvania
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Pennsylvania
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Pennsylvania
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Pennsylvania
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Pennsylvania
- Morphine Rehabilitation Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Pennsylvania
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Pennsylvania
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Pennsylvania
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Pennsylvania
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Pennsylvania
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of rehab centers for seniors in Pennsylvania. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN PENNSYLVANIA