Alcohol And Drug Addiction Programs For Seniors In Rhode Island
With different forms of drug and alcohol rehabilitation located in the state of Rhode Island, there are some programs and services available, specifically for older adults and seniors. These programs are typically set up to help this age group, and to help them be around other people their own age, and to also help with any existing medical problems, which may need some extra care and attention. These programs can be quite successful and helpful to people in this category, and many have seen long-term success from them.
Drug Rehab Centers for Older Adults in Rhode Island
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site list a directory of 14 drug rehab centers for elderly adults. Drug treatment for seniors is a very specific approach, but many standard methods used are the same approaches administered within other rehabilitation centers for younger adults. Older adults have access to effective resources within the state to help treat all types of addiction.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Will incorrect use of medications lead to drug dependency issues?
It has been proven that improper use of the prescribed medications will lead to a dependency to the drug, or a potential addiction. So many prescription drugs are narcotics, and can become addictive, and very dangerous when mixed with other drugs and also alcohol. Medical detox programs within the state and throughout the United States will assist patients through controlled withdrawals off these drugs.
Search Rhode Island Special Services
- Rhode Island Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Rhode Island Christian Rehab Centers
- Rhode Island Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Rhode Island Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Rhode Island Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Rhode Island Experiential Therapy
- Rhode Island Holistic Programs
- Rhode Island Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Rhode Island Nutritional Counseling
- Rhode Island Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Rhode Island Workplace Services
Rhode Island Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Rhode Island
- Cocaine Rehab Facilities in Rhode Island
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Rhode Island
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Rhode Island
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Rhode Island
- Methamphetamine Treatment Programs in Rhode Island
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Rhode Island
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Rhode Island
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Rhode Island
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Rhode Island
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Rhode Island
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Rhode Island
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Rhode Island
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Rhode Island
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Rhode Island
Rhode Island Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of rehab centers for seniors in Rhode Island. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN RHODE ISLAND