Alcohol And Drug Addiction Programs For Seniors In South Carolina
It is a common stereotype to classify elderly addicts as addicts who will never give up their addiction, or will always be an addict. In some cases, yes, an older adult who has a substance abuse problem never gives it up, but there is a large percentage is this category that are beating their addiction and moving forward with life. In the state of South Carolina, there are some drug treatment programs available for older addicts and seniors who are struggling with an addiction. These programs are normally specifically set up to help them directly and work a program more suited to their age category.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers for Elderly Adults in South Carolina
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration site do provide a directory list of drug treatment centers for elderly adults within the state of South Carolina. Provided on the site is a list of 16 facilities where older adults struggling with addiction can receive the proper help they need. Each treatment center within the site offers something different, but there are numerous methodologies of treatment that is similar between treatment centers.
Can substance abuse be considered riskier for seniors?
Yes, substance abuse can be considered more dangerous for elderly adults, and this is because of health problems, and the physical and mental-health problems which can develop because of addiction. Senior adults struggling with addiction must locate suitable treatment for their problems, and this may include some type of hospital inpatient center.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Search South Carolina Special Services
- South Carolina Alternative Drug Rehabs
- South Carolina Christian Rehab Centers
- South Carolina Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- South Carolina Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- South Carolina Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- South Carolina Experiential Therapy
- South Carolina Holistic Programs
- South Carolina Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- South Carolina Nutritional Counseling
- South Carolina Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- South Carolina Workplace Services
South Carolina Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in South Carolina
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in South Carolina
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in South Carolina
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in South Carolina
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in South Carolina
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in South Carolina
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in South Carolina
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in South Carolina
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in South Carolina
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in South Carolina
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in South Carolina
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in South Carolina
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in South Carolina
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in South Carolina
South Carolina Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of rehab centers for seniors in South Carolina. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN SOUTH CAROLINA