Alcohol And Drug Addiction Programs For Seniors In Texas
All throughout the state of Texas there are numerous different types of drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and services. Many of these programs are government funded and will be at low-cost or no cost and/or covered by state health insurance. Other programs will be privately run programs and will come at an out-of-pocket cost to the person. Within all of these different treatment centers are just over five programs specifically set up to help older adults and or seniors who are battling addiction. These programs are more suited to their needs, and provide all the services needed to treat addiction.
Texas Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Elderly Adults
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration do offer a directory of resources for elderly adults. Listed on the site under the senior or older adult’s treatment options, there are 68 facilities and their information listed on the site. Older adults struggling with addiction may require tailored programs, and certain treatment methods to help them through any type of difficult addiction.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
How will intervention work for seniors?
Drug and alcohol intervention can be a very successful approach used to help addicts understand the importance of getting help. There are so many situations where elderly adults who have addiction will not admit there is a problem, and there is a huge stigma attached to older adults, and the shame with becoming addicted. It is important for addicts to overcome this stigma, and receives the proper help for every aging adult struggling addiction.
Search Texas Special Services
- Texas Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Texas Christian Rehab Centers
- Texas Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Texas Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Texas Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Texas Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Texas Experiential Therapy
- Texas Holistic Programs
- Texas Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Texas Nutritional Counseling
- Texas Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Texas Workplace Services
Texas Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of rehab centers for seniors in Texas. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Texas
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Texas
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Texas
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Texas
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Texas
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Texas
- Morphine Rehabilitation Facilities in Texas
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Texas
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Texas
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Texas
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Texas
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Texas
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Texas
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Texas
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Texas
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN TEXAS