Alcohol And Drug Addiction Programs For Seniors In Vermont
Currently in the state of Vermont, there are just over a few different drug treatment centers that are set up to treat older adults and or seniors who are battling an addiction. Many programs will utilize the twelve-step model of addiction treatment, but will also incorporate other forms of therapy, such as group counseling and individual therapy. These services combined with staff to help monitor health and well-being will all help an addict achieve their sobriety.
How can drug abuse among seniors be prevented?
Initially, it all really comes down to communication, and the family staying in contact and communicating with a loved one they feel may be starting down a path of addiction or drug abuse. Many seniors live in solitude and may not regularly have contact with their family, and this is why it is important that communication is always there, and on-going love and support. If the person is struggling with an addiction, the family must find the right kind of help for them.
Did you know this about drug abuse in the elder community?
Many elders are battling a drug-abuse problem, and most of it can be traced back to prescription meds. It was reported that between 2000 and 2008, there was a 70% increase of elders being admitted into drug treatment programs.
Drug Rehab Centers for Older Adults in Vermont
Despite there being very limited resources for addicts and their families within the state of Vermont, there are some drug rehabilitation programs, specifically for elderly adults. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration directory do only list seven drug treatment centers for elderly adults operating within the state of Vermont.
Search Vermont Special Services
- Vermont Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Vermont Christian Rehab Centers
- Vermont Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Vermont Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Vermont Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Vermont Experiential Therapy
- Vermont Holistic Programs
- Vermont Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Vermont Nutritional Counseling
- Vermont Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Vermont Workplace Services
Vermont Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of rehab centers for seniors in Vermont. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Vermont
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Vermont
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Vermont
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Vermont
- Methamphetamine Treatment Programs in Vermont
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Vermont
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Vermont
- Oxycodone Rehab Facilities in Vermont
- OxyContin Rehabilitation Programs in Vermont
- Painkiller Treatment Facilities in Vermont
- Percocet Rehab Centers in Vermont
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Vermont
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Vermont
- Vicodin Rehabilitation Facilities in Vermont
LIST OF TREATMENTS FOR SENIORS IN VERMONT