Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Alaska
Alaska Wilderness and Adventure Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
The wilderness and adventure programs that operate within the state of Alaska include one facility located in the town of Wrangell; Alaska Crossing, which is a program from the Alaska Island Community Services. Wilderness and adventure programs have operated for some time within the United States, and provide unique treatment methods to help their patients. Despite offering traditional therapy and counseling, each facility will include numerous types of outdoor activities and adventures to assist with the overall therapy and re-entry back into society again.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
Do these types of programs work?
Like every type of drug and alcohol rehabilitation, success is not guaranteed, but clients who are looking for something different and a type of treatment they feel they can connect to will certainly benefit from these programs. Many addicts will not be willing to be stuck in one place for his or her therapy, and will want to reconnect with nature and become a part of their surroundings. A wilderness and adventure program can provide all this for an addict, and their family.
Search Alaska Special Addiction Services
- Alaska Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Alaska Asian Community Services
- Alaska Christian Rehab Centers
- Alaska Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Alaska Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Alaska Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Alaska Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Alaska Experiential Therapy
- Alaska Hispanic Community Services
- Alaska Holistic Programs
- Alaska Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Alaska Nutritional Counseling
- Alaska Services for LGBTQ Community
- Alaska Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Alaska Workplace Services
Alaska Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in Alaska. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Alaska
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Alaska
- Crack Cocaine Rehab Facilities in Alaska
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Alaska
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Alaska
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Alaska
- Over the Counter Rehab Facilities in Alaska
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Alaska
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Alaska
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Alaska
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Alaska
- Prescription Drugs Rehab Centers in Alaska
- Street Drugs Treatment Centers in Alaska
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Alaska
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in Alaska