Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Arkansas
Drug Rehab and Detox Centers Wilderness Programs in Arkansas
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website provide an extensive list of rehabilitation and treatment services available throughout the state. Unfortunately, it does not list very specific services such as what wilderness and adventure programs are on hand within the state. The Teen Challenge Adventure Ranch is a wilderness and adventure program within the state providing residential long-term care and wilderness programs for teens and adults.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
What types of wilderness adventure programs are there?
There are numerous different types of wilderness adventure based programs, and some of the models include expedition or base camp treatment set-ups. This type of programs can last 8 to 12 weeks, where as some are single expedition models, where a person can take a month-long trip into the wilderness. Many of these programs are designed to teach a person self-respect, and helping them rely on themselves, and work with others around them. The therapy and adventure treatment has proven to be a successful approach to help addicts, and is a unique approach for an addict who is looking for something other than traditional treatment.
Search Arkansas Special Addiction Services
- Arkansas Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Arkansas Asian Community Services
- Arkansas Christian Rehab Centers
- Arkansas Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Arkansas Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Arkansas Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Arkansas Experiential Therapy
- Arkansas Hispanic Community Services
- Arkansas Holistic Programs
- Arkansas Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Arkansas Nutritional Counseling
- Arkansas Services for LGBTQ Community
- Arkansas Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Arkansas Workplace Services
Arkansas Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in Arkansas. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Arkansas
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Arkansas
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Arkansas
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Arkansas
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Arkansas
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Arkansas
- Over the Counter Treatment Facilities in Arkansas
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Arkansas
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Arkansas
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Arkansas
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Arkansas
- Prescription Drugs Treatment Programs in Arkansas
- Street Drugs Rehab Facilities in Arkansas
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Arkansas
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in Arkansas