Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in California
California Wilderness Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers
Within the state of California are many different types of treatment and rehabilitation services and programs, and some of these services include wilderness and adventure based treatment. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website, despite listing extensive addiction treatment resources operating within the state, there are no specific directories for programs such as wilderness and adventure treatment services. The wilderness and adventure programs on hand within the state include locations in the cities of Clovis and Woodland Hills, which are the First Steps Recovery programs.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
What types of therapy are provided within these programs?
The traditional methods of treatment that are included within adventure based treatments are individual and group counseling, and some twelve-step methods may also be available for patients. Much of the therapy is done outdoors within a wilderness setting, and this can includes adventurous activities such as hiking, climbing, rafting, camping, and nature-based activities. These methods of treatment can be very successful, and have been proven to help addicts with moderate or severe addictions. This is a non-traditional approach, and should be considered if an addict is looking for a non-traditional treatment method.
Search California Special Addiction Services
- California Alternative Drug Rehabs
- California Christian Rehab Centers
- California Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- California Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- California Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- California Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- California Experiential Therapy
- California Holistic Programs
- California Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- California Nutritional Counseling
- California Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- California Workplace Services
California Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in California
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in California
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in California
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in California
- Marijuana Treatment centers in California
- Meth Rehabilitation Programs in California
- Morphine Treatment Facilities in California
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in California
- Oxycodone Rehab Centers in California
- OxyContin Rehabilitation Facilities in California
- Painkiller Treatment Centers in California
- Percocet Rehab Programs in California
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in California
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in California
- Vicodin Rehabilitation Centers in California
California Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in California. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in California