Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Colorado
Colorado Wilderness Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
Throughout the many different drug and alcohol treatment resources that are listed on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website, there are not always specific directories for non-traditional methods of treatment. This does include wilderness and adventure programs for teen and adult addicts living within the state of Colorado. One program, in particular, within the state does provide wilderness and adventure treatment, the Open Sky facility located within the city of Durango offers this type of service for addicts and their families.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
Are all these outdoor therapies similar?
There are some differences with adventure therapy, wilderness therapy, and outdoor experiential therapy. Despite these methods, generally being the same, adventure therapy tends to offer more risk with the outdoor adventures. Wilderness therapy is a connection to nature, and teaching the person the ability to cope in nature and adapt to ones surroundings. Outdoor experiential therapy helps addicts with self-esteem, self-respect, and putting a patient within a learning based environment, where they can improve his or her social and psychological well-being.
Search Colorado Special Addiction Services
- Colorado Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Colorado Christian Rehab Centers
- Colorado Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Colorado Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Colorado Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Colorado Experiential Therapy
- Colorado Holistic Programs
- Colorado Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Colorado Nutritional Counseling
- Colorado Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Colorado Workplace Services
Colorado Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in Colorado. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Colorado
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Colorado
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Colorado
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Colorado
- Marijuana Treatment centers in Colorado
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Colorado
- Morphine Treatment Facilities in Colorado
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Colorado
- Oxycodone Rehab Centers in Colorado
- OxyContin Rehabilitation Facilities in Colorado
- Painkiller Treatment Centers in Colorado
- Percocet Rehab Programs in Colorado
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Colorado
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Colorado
- Vicodin Rehabilitation Centers in Colorado
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in Colorado