Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in D.C
Washington D.C. Wilderness Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
Drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers throughout the District of Columbia include all types of methods of rehabilitation for moderate and severe addictions. Most of these different resources are listed on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website directory, but this does not include which facility provides wilderness, and adventure based programs. A wilderness and adventure program for addiction includes outdoor activities and therapy along side traditional drug treatment approaches. Most of these centers are inpatient facilities, and this is to ensure each patient can go through a full and complete rehabilitation process.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
Inpatient and Outpatient Wilderness and Adventure Programs
As with any other type of drug and alcohol treatment, rehabilitation programs will be run out of either inpatient or outpatient facilities. Inpatient treatment typically provides the best type of resources to help treat severe addictions. Most wilderness and adventure based treatment programs do operate out of a residential setting, and this is to ensure the patient can go through everything that is provided to them for treatment. Most of the program will take place in the outdoors, because of the treatment methods incorporated as part of therapy. Outpatient programs typically help addicts who have moderate addictions, but some wilderness and adventure based treatment is run out of outpatient facilities.
Search District of Columbia Special Addiction Services
- D.C. Alternative Drug Rehabs
- D.C. Christian Rehab Centers
- D.C. Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- D.C. Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- D.C. Experiential Therapy
- D.C. Holistic Programs
- D.C. Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- D.C. Nutritional Counseling
- D.C. Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- D.C. Workplace Services
- DC Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
District of Columbia Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in D.C.
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in D.C.
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in D.C.
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in D.C.
- Marijuana Treatment centers in D.C.
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in D.C.
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in D.C.
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in D.C.
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in D.C.
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in D.C.
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in D.C.
- Percocet Treatment Centers in D.C.
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in D.C.
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in D.C.
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in D.C.
District of Columbia Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and Families
- District of Columbia Drug Rehab Centers for Seniors
- District of Columbia Drug Rehab Centers for Youth
- District of Columbia Family Programs
- District of Columbia Drug & Alcohol Programs for Pregnant Women
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Women in Washington D.C
- Drug & Alcohol Treatment for Men in District of Columbia