Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Illinois
Wilderness Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in Illinois
Drug and alcohol treatment programs within the state of Illinois are typically both inpatient and outpatient programs for adults and teens who are struggling with drug and alcohol addiction and substance abuse issues. Some of these programs do provide wilderness and adventure drug treatment programs for adults and teens. The Omni Youth Services in Arlington Heights offers these types of programs for addicts and their families. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website do provide an extensive directory of various addiction treatment and mental health services within the state. However, there is no specific listing for what facilities offer wilderness and adventure programs for adults and teens.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Wilderness Programs
This type of therapy is used quite often within wilderness and adventure programs because it is a type of learning based therapy. Much of it promotes negative thinking and actions will lead to a unwilling outcome, where as positive thinking and actions will of course lead to a more favorable outcome. The whole process also ensures bad habits are replaced by good ones, and the patient gains new and valuable skills to maintain sobriety. Wilderness and adventure programs often help build a persons self-esteem and self-worth in life, which will help them make positive and smart choices in life.
Search Illinois Special Services
- Illinois Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Illinois Christian Rehab Centers
- Illinois Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Illinois Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Illinois Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Illinois Experiential Therapy
- Illinois Holistic Programs
- Illinois Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Illinois Nutritional Counseling
- Illinois Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Illinois Workplace Services
Illinois Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in Illinois. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Illinois
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Illinois
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Illinois
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Illinois
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Illinois
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Illinois
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Illinois
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Illinois
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Illinois
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Illinois
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Illinois
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Illinois
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Illinois
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Illinois
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Illinois
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in Illinois