Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Iowa
DRUG REHAB AND DETOX CENTERS WILDERNESS AND ADVENTURE PROGRAMS IN IOWA
Throughout the state of Iowa are some different drug and alcohol treatment centers and services, including detox, rehabilitation, and aftercare treatment. Some of the drug and alcohol treatment facilities within the state do provide wilderness and adventure programs for teens and adults. This is a secluded, normally private center situated within the wilderness where addicts can work through moderate to severe addictions, and utilize experienced based treatment to learn new skills and abilities, while being able to gain the necessary experience to maintain his or her sobriety while transitioning back into the real world. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website do not provide a specific list for what centers provide wilderness and adventure treatment and therapy.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
ARE FAMILY MEMBERS INVOLVED?
Like most drug and alcohol treatment centers, there are family programs to help the addict's family work through their own issues. Any family who is directly connected to an addict will be affected by his or her behavior. Within most wilderness and adventure programs are similar programs for an addict's family; the families' involvement is very important as it does help with building a strong family bond and repairing broken relationships. The programs can include parent workshops, support groups and meetings, and other forms of family and parent counseling. This is an essential part of treatment for an addict, and can continue further within aftercare and transitional periods.
Search Iowa Special Services
- Iowa Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Iowa Christian Rehab Centers
- Iowa Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Iowa Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Iowa Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Iowa Experiential Therapy
- Iowa Holistic Programs
- Iowa Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Iowa Nutritional Counseling
- Iowa Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Iowa Workplace Services
Iowa Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Iowa
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Iowa
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Iowa
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Iowa
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Iowa
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Iowa
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Iowa
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Iowa
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Iowa
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Iowa
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Iowa
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Iowa
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Iowa
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Iowa