Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Kansas
Wilderness Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in Kansas
Within the state of Kansas are limited resources, but there are drug and alcohol treatment centers, detox programs, and aftercare treatment for men, women and teens. Despite the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website providing an extensive list of all the programs on hand within the state of Kansas, there is not a specific list for which of these facilities provide wilderness and adventure programs for adults and teens. Wilderness programs incorporate traditional and non-traditional therapies, along with experienced based treatment, in environments set in the wilderness where patients can go on various adventures to help escape negative environments for a more positive and structured one.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
What is wilderness and adventure therapy?
Wilderness and adventure therapy are much of the same, and all of it falls under the outdoor behavioral therapy industry. Adventure and wilderness therapy utilizes experiential education, group and individual therapy all within a wilderness setting along with other adventure based settings. These types of activities can include hiking, canoeing, camping, wilderness hikes, rock climbing, and reconnecting with nature. This along with therapy with qualified professionals will be able to address the underlying issues, and re-instill the confidence a patient requires in order to reenter the workplace and become a contributing member of society again.
Search Kansas Special Services
- Kansas Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Kansas Christian Rehab Centers
- Kansas Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Kansas Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Kansas Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Kansas Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Kansas Experiential Therapy
- Kansas Holistic Programs
- Kansas Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Kansas Nutritional Counseling
- Kansas Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Kansas Workplace Services
Kansas Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Kansas
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Kansas
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Kansas
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Kansas
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Kansas
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Kansas
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Kansas
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Kansas
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Kansas
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Kansas
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Kansas
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Kansas
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Kansas
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Kansas