Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Maine
Maine Wilderness and Adventure Programs for Substance Abuse and Addiction
Drug and alcohol treatment is the best choice any addict has to become rehabilitated from any type of addiction or substance abuse problem. The treatment centers operating throughout the state of Maine includes programs for men, women, and teens. Some of the more specific programs such as wilderness and adventure treatment centers operate much of the same way as other rehab programs with the counseling and therapy, but the overall rehabilitation takes place within the wilderness and the outdoors. Adventure based treatment is not quite as similar as wilderness based programs, but offer much of the same service. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website do not necessarily list what specific services offer wilderness, and adventure based treatment within the state.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
Why would someone choose wilderness therapy?
There are many different reasons why someone would choose a wilderness and or adventure based drug rehab program, and this would include the in-depth treatment and counseling, whether it is group or individual. The wilderness and adventure treatment includes outdoors activities, such as nature hikes, wilderness programs, rafting, and learning more about the natural surroundings. These various treatment options can help troubled teens and those who are battling an addiction or substance abuse problem, and offer many different forms of counseling to help any type of addiction or mental health issue.
Search Maine Special Services
- Maine Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Maine Asian Community Services
- Maine Christian Rehab Centers
- Maine Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Maine Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Maine Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Maine Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Maine Experiential Therapy
- Maine Family Programs
- Maine Hispanic Community Services
- Maine Holistic Programs
- Maine Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Maine Nutritional Counseling
- Maine Services for LGBTQ Community
- Maine Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Maine Workplace Services
Maine Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Maine
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Maine
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Maine
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Maine
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Maine
- Methamphetamine Treatment Facilities in Maine
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Maine
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Maine
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Maine
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Maine
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Maine
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Maine
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Maine