Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Minnesota
Minnesota Substance Abuse Treatment offering Wilderness and Adventure Programs
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website do list all the available drug and alcohol treatment resources and programs operating within the state of Minnesota. Some of the many facilities within the state include specialized forms of drug rehab, which may be wilderness and adventure programs. Unfortunately, what is not necessarily listed on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration directories are programs that provide wilderness and adventure treatment. In order to locate the best type of treatment, many families choose to go through an addiction assessment, which does help with narrowing down what rehabilitation works best.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
How long are wilderness and adventure based programs?
Many of these types of programs typically provide two types of options for the length of time a patient will remain in the facility. Many of the short-term wilderness and adventure programs normally last about a few weeks, and do not always last less than that. This short term option is usually adventure based treatment, or will consist of a wilderness expedition model of treatment, where the patients and the clients will normally remain together throughout all of his or her therapy. The long-term wilderness and adventure based treatment options will last around eight weeks or more, depending on what the patient is looking for and wants to receive out of rehabilitation.
Search Minnesota Special Services
- Minnesota Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Minnesota Christian Rehab Centers
- Minnesota Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Minnesota Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Minnesota Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Minnesota Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Minnesota Experiential Therapy
- Minnesota Holistic Programs
- Minnesota Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Minnesota Nutritional Counseling
- Minnesota Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Minnesota Workplace Services
Minnesota Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Minnesota
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Minnesota
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Minnesota
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Minnesota
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Minnesota
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Minnesota
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Minnesota
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Minnesota
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Minnesota
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Minnesota
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Minnesota
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Minnesota
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Minnesota
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Minnesota
Minnesota Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in Minnesota. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in Minnesota