Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Montana
Montana Wilderness and Adventure Drug and Alcohol Treatment Facilities
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website directory do provide extensive directories of all the mental health and addiction services operating within the state of Montana. Despite the directory offering these resources, there is not necessarily a specific directory of what programs will provide wilderness and adventure based treatment options of adults or teens. Some of the wilderness and adventure treatment centers on hand within the state are Wilderness Treatment Centers within the city of Marion, the Innerroads Wilderness Program, and Explorations, all of which provide the necessary drug treatment options for severe and or moderate addictions.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
Where would wilderness therapy take place?
Most of the wilderness therapy and treatment programs are typically conducted within a remote setting, which may be attached to a facility where some of the work will take place. The wilderness therapy programs can either be short-term or long-term, which can be a few weeks or a couple of months. Normally, a wilderness program will incorporate some type of expedition, where patients and counselors will spend their time within the wilderness camping, learning survival and wilderness skills, along with adventurous activities. Many of these programs are typically group and individual counseling, and long-term residential camping programs are also available, and also help patient's transition into other programs if needed.
Search Montana Special Services
- Montana Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Montana Christian Rehab Centers
- Montana Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Montana Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Montana Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Montana Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Montana Experiential Therapy
- Montana Holistic Programs
- Montana Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Montana Nutritional Counseling
- Montana Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Montana Workplace Services
Montana Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in Montana. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Montana
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Montana
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Montana
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Montana
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in Montana
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in Montana
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Montana
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in Montana
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in Montana
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in Montana
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in Montana
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Montana
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Montana
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in Montana
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in Montana