Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in North Carolina
Wilderness and Adventure Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in North Carolina
Throughout the state of North Carolina are many different options to help treat addiction and substance abuse problems, along with mental health disorders. If families or addicts are looking for resources, many of them will be listed on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website directory.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
In order for addicts to receive the proper help, they should go through some type of addiction assessment where a qualified professional can recommend the best treatment options. In many situations, some addicts are looking for non-traditional treatment options, and this may include wilderness and adventure based rehabilitation and therapy.
Wilderness Experience Programs and Addiction Treatment
Therapy and rehabilitation are an essential part of wilderness based treatment centers, and use outdoor activities and different environments situated within the wilderness to help a patient overcome his or her challenges and addiction problems. Wilderness and adventure based treatments are unique programs that will encourage a client to build trust, build strong communications skills, face new and exciting challenges, and take part in group or individual counseling. Some of this process will help an addict reflect and process the experience and everything they have learned while in treatment.
Search North Carolina Special Services
- North Carolina Alternative Drug Rehabs
- North Carolina Christian Rehab Centers
- North Carolina Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- North Carolina Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- North Carolina Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- North Carolina Experiential Therapy
- North Carolina Holistic Programs
- North Carolina Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- North Carolina Nutritional Counseling
- North Carolina Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- North Carolina Workplace Services
North Carolina Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in North Carolina
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in North Carolina
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in North Carolina
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in North Carolina
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in North Carolina
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in North Carolina
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in North Carolina
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in North Carolina
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in North Carolina
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in North Carolina
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in North Carolina
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in North Carolina
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in North Carolina
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in North Carolina
North Carolina Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and FamiliesHere is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in North Carolina. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in North Carolina