Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Oregon
Wilderness and Adventure Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Oregon
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website do provide an extensive directory of rehabilitation resources operating throughout the state of Oregon. Unfortunately, what is not necessarily provided on this database directory is the available services that offer wilderness and adventure based drug treatment. Within the state of Oregon are over a few different programs providing wilderness treatment, which include the New Vision Wilderness programs, the Evoke Therapy Programs, and the Tree of Life Christian Wilderness Expeditions.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
What are the benefits of wilderness and adventure programs?
One of the biggest benefits of wilderness programs is typically they are completely drug free, which means they take a more holistic and natural approach to treatment. Generally, prescription or types of replacement drugs are not often used within these programs, and the client will be given more vitamin and mineral substitution. The other major benefit from these facilities is the on-going team work and collaboration with groups of people working together to overcome challenges. Nature can push people to the absolute physical limits, and there a sense of accomplishment and pride increasing ones self-esteem when an individual overcomes major barriers.
Search Oregon Special Services
- Oregon Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Oregon Christian Rehab Centers
- Oregon Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Oregon Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers for Native American
- Oregon Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Oregon Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Oregon Experiential Therapy
- Oregon Holistic Programs
- Oregon Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Oregon Nutritional Counseling
- Oregon Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Oregon Workplace Services
Oregon Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
Here is a list of the different Wilderness & Adventure treatments in Oregon. The list can be incomplete so please do not hesitate to contact one of our counselors at 1-800-304-2219.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Oregon
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Oregon
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Oregon
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Oregon
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Oregon
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Oregon
- Morphine Rehabilitation Facilities in Oregon
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Oregon
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Oregon
- OyxContin Rehab Centers in Oregon
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Oregon
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Oregon
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Oregon
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Oregon
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Oregon
List of Adventure & Wilderness Treatments for Addiction in Oregon