Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Drug Rehabilitation Offering Wilderness and Adventure Treatment
Drug and alcohol treatment programs are available throughout most of the state of Pennsylvania, and include detox centers, inpatient programs, and outpatient facilities. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website directory do list what categories of therapy and treatment operate within the state. Unfortunately, provided on this list are no specific options for which programs offer wilderness and adventure based treatment. This type of program is very specific and does provide non-traditional approaches to rehabilitation, and the vast majority of a patient's time spent during treatment will be in the outdoors surrounded by nature.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
How long is this type of rehabilitation?
Typically, these types of programs can be quite long, and most of them will not last less than 30 days, and there can be options for patients to stay up to six months at some facilities. Long term drug and alcohol rehabilitation has always been proven as the most efficient form of treatment for any patient, but many addicts are not willing to commit to the length of time needed. Unfortunately, a person can be addicted for most of his or her life, but the time commitment of three to six months is frightening. This is a major barrier that many families have to overcome when attempting to convince a loved one to attend drug rehab.
Search Pennsylvania Special Services
- Pennsylvania Alternative Drug Rehabs
- Pennsylvania Asian Community Services
- Pennsylvania Christian Rehab Centers
- Pennsylvania Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- Pennsylvania Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- Pennsylvania Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- Pennsylvania Experiential Therapy
- Pennsylvania Hispanic Community Services
- Pennsylvania Holistic Programs
- Pennsylvania Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Pennsylvania Nutritional Counseling
- Pennsylvania Services for LGBTQ Community
- Pennsylvania Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- Pennsylvania Workplace Services
Pennsylvania Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in Pennsylvania
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in Pennsylvania
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in Pennsylvania
- Heroin Rehab Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in Pennsylvania
- Methamphetamine Rehabilitation Programs in Pennsylvania
- Morphine Rehabilitation Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in Pennsylvania
- Oxycodone Treatment Facilities in Pennsylvania
- OxyContin Rehab Centers in Pennsylvania
- Painkiller Rehabilitation Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Percocet Treatment Centers in Pennsylvania
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in Pennsylvania
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in Pennsylvania
- Vicodin Rehab Programs in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and Families