Wilderness & Adventure Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse in South Carolina
South Carolina Wilderness and Adventure Based Drug Treatment Programs
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website directory typically offer extensive lists of programs and services for addiction, mental health, and substance abuse problems. There are particular categories in the state of South Carolina, but unfortunately there is not a specific category for which programs provide wilderness, and adventure based drug treatment. This type of treatment is unique, and the client spends his or her time outdoors reconnecting with nature while attending different forms of counseling and therapy.
Why does wilderness therapy work?
Because addiction affects the lives of millions of people throughout the United States, there are many people who do not receive the proper help and care for their affliction. One of the barriers that prevent people from becoming sober is the traditional approach to drug treatment, and addicts who have been through these programs on more than one occasion. Non-traditional approaches such as wilderness programs can help with these patients, and wilderness programs are an effective alternative to treatment. The therapy takes place outdoors, and the programs use non-traditional treatment options to help each patient.
Did you know this about Wilderness/Adventure programs?
This type of program is used to push people outside of their comfort zones. Individuals participating in these outdoor activities are taking part in a healthy lifestyle. Nature can be very therapeutic, which is why it is used a lot for substance abuse treatment.
Search South Carolina Special Services
- South Carolina Alternative Drug Rehabs
- South Carolina Christian Rehab Centers
- South Carolina Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment
- South Carolina Drug Rehabs for Spanish-Speaking Individuals
- South Carolina Drug Rehabs with Jewish Faith-Based Programs
- South Carolina Experiential Therapy
- South Carolina Holistic Programs
- South Carolina Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- South Carolina Nutritional Counseling
- South Carolina Wilderness & Adventure Programs
- South Carolina Workplace Services
South Carolina Addiction Services by Type of Drugs
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in South Carolina
- Cocaine Treatment Programs in South Carolina
- Crack Cocaine Treatment Centers in South Carolina
- Marijuana Treatment Centers in South Carolina
- Methamphetamine Rehab Facilities in South Carolina
- Morphine Rehabilitation Programs in South Carolina
- Over the Counter Rehabilitation Programs in South Carolina
- Oxycodone Rehabilitation Programs in South Carolina
- OxyContin Treatment Facilities in South Carolina
- Painkiller Rehab Centers in South Carolina
- Percocet Rehabilitation Facilities in South Carolina
- Prescription Drugs Rehabilitation Facilities in South Carolina
- Street Drugs Rehab Programs in South Carolina
- Vicodin Treatment Centers in South Carolina
South Carolina Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centers for Specific Individual and Families